Sunday, August 21, 2011

40 Days 40 Classes: COMPLETE :)

40 beautiful days ago (well now actually 42) I started out on a journey to find some peace (shanti) to my mind-body-soul, and make a physical life change.

I have been over weight since the end of 2007.  Depression had me on the Taco Bell/Del Taco diet for a good year.  I piled on a good 60lbs since high school.  Its funny, because in your mind and when you look in the mirror you some how still think you are healthy... and you are far from it.  So we joined a gym.  Youfit.  And have personal training.  I lost 8lbs the first two months and was pumped.  Then a true blessing came along and I got a job working at Blissful Yoga.  As a personal and business goal I wanted to take each class.  This way I was able to experience the class for myself while being able to speak about the class to a prospective student.  The summer solstice conjured a 108 Sun Salutations led by Margie at the studio.  AMAZING.  My body felt a live.  Electric.  The vibration of atoms in my body left me tingling. 

So the 40 Day Challenge has served several purposes.  I wanted to have the discipline and be able to challenge myself and grow my practice, move my body to promote wellness and fat loss, the addiction my body had started to create in response to the month of classes I had already taken just working there, and a jump start to making my body a healthy environment for a little one :)  I lost 17lbs, gained more strength in my body than I have ever had, and allowed myself to push through my own barriers.  The ability to use the body's natural systems to heal, cleanse, and balance.  And an expeirence that I can take pride in but also continue to use to keep me accountable.  My practice has grown exponentially and I want to continue to grow it.  Heck I can do inversions now and got down into full splits.  I haven't been in splits since middle school Razzle Dazzle!!!!!

Autumn Equinox 108 Salutations next month and the next 40 Day Challenge is in January.  I cannot wait :D

I love the way my body feels...that I know that I can go to yoga, no matter what is going on in life.. step onto my mat and shelf my thoughts, my mind stills and my body surrenders to the flow.

Yoga Love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment